Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Inspiration

The inspiration for this layout really comes from a few places. I have been reading through the blogs of lance mindheim. I really like his approach to switching layouts, don't get me wrong I like watching trains run, but as life moves on and priorities change I don't mind watching a train running back and forth over the same line versus watching a train run around in circles.  I really like the puzzle work of switching operations.

I also have found blogs  like http://cnwmodeling.blogspot.com to contain a lot of information that allows for a better understanding of how real railroads operate. So incorporating some of these things with the ideas of Lance's shelf layouts I think there are infinite possibilities for making small switching layouts or a medium size layout that allows for larger industries paper mill and soybean processing plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment