Monday, January 1, 2018

Janesville WI Railroad

I don't even know how long it has been since I posted here, But layout update- It still runs.
I am still building my version of 3 railroads based on an article by Patrick Flynn in Model Railroader magazine. However there are some big differences

For instance we are making it in HO scale and in about the same size space, it is a fun switching layout that can keep 1-2 operators. Up to 6 trains can be staged once complete. But where this blog start is kind of in the middle. I am mostly doing it to keep track of interesting articles I find along the way that help me build this railroad as close to prototypical as possible.

Anyways here are  some pictures I found of the witco companies transloading ramp in the WSOR yard. Such a simple structure with so much operating potential. Cheers-
Google maps has some great overhead views of this transloading ramp too



No comments:

Post a Comment